07 December 2014

My New Desk

I've been doing a lot of organization work in the home. I'm also trying to work on my home a bit more. I have tons of stuff to do, so this blog will probably be showing my updates for a while and nothing else.

My first act of crafting organization was to build a craft desk. My things were spilling over in the corner that I have them and it has gotten to the point that I don't want to make or do anything. I have to drag stuff out to get to what I need and I had to do something about it.

I saw this awesome craft desk on Pinterest not too long ago. I knew when I saw it that it was just what I needed, only bigger.


Here is the one that I saw:


The original idea is from Ana White, but this is someone's desk they made using the idea on Ana White.


Isn't it just divine? Well, I wanted it. We followed the semi-instructions but I added a few things.  I added length to it, a middle cubbie section, 2x2 for the support boards, and backing to the cubbies instead of wallpaper.

It cost almost 300.00 and I painted it to match my livingroom mural.

Here is mine.




Here is my wonderful hubby building it.


And here it is waiting to be painted.




The top is mdf board, but I wanted it to look like planks. I didn't want to put planks on it, I wanted a solid top, so I'll just paint to look like planks.




Here is the top when I finished it.


I added runes around the edge.


I forgot to mention that I painted the cubbies with oil based kilz so that I could paint them. After painting I put two coats of polyurethane on the whole thing.


Here are the rocks that I started painting on the cubbies. Hecate likes to inspect my work.




And here it is after I have finished. I need to buy the cloth drawers and I may add a climbing vine to the artwork later.








Brightest Blessings,
Saga











No comments: