16 March 2014

Natural Egg Dying for Ostara


This article is part of Kallan's wonderful Sunday Stew. Please hop on over and read all the different flavors added by each chef. I know that you will love it!



I thought that I would show pictures from the last year that I dyed my eggs naturally. I don't dye any now. My children have all grown out of dying eggs, so now I just paint them. On the last year that I did dye the eggs, I believe it was 2010, I just used items that I had in my home already. It was a last minute decision, I didn't get elaborate with it, but Brev and I had fun. It can be a fun family togetherness thing and bonus, the kids can learn from it.

I just boiled the item that I was using, strained it, added some white vinegar, and let the eggs sit overnight. The only one that I had to leave the item in the water with the egg was the spinach. My favorite of all of these is the red cabbage. I love that beautiful blue color that it made. Word of warning: you cannot eat the eggs, they will taste like what you colored them with.

I've provided some links at the end for more information.


















For more detailed information and some different ideas, here are some other websites:







No comments: